Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Packing Woes

Well, its the night before I leave, and I remain unpacked.

I still haven't figured out how I'll be able to fit 13 pairs of shoes in my suitcase, along with all of my books and clothes. It's most likely I'll have to leave several items behind, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. The time should probably be now, considering I'm leaving tomorrow. I'd like to go to school tomorrow to show Ida to her classrooms, and say goodbye to my friends!

I'm excited, nervous, sad, exhilarated, and scared all at the same time. I'm sad to leave all of my friends behind! But I know they'll all be here when I get back. I'm not scared to fly by myself, or that something will go wrong: those things are easily dealt with, and always end up to be OK. I'm scared of what I'm going to miss, I'm scared I'll be a disappointment, or I'll make a bad impression. Also, I'm scared of the huge change! I know I'll be able to deal with it, but I'm still nervous.. More than anything, I'm excited!! Living in Italy for a whole school year will be FANTASTIC!

But to get there, I have to pack.. Wish me luck!!

No comments: