Thursday, January 31, 2008

Oh, Gorgonzola.

Last night, I didn't get to bed until well past midnight.

This morning, I woke up not feeling well.

When I heard my host father moving around, making coffee in the breakfast nook we have upstairs, I stuck my head out my bedroom door, told him I didn't feel good, and wanted to stay home from school. He was fine with it, and I went back to bed.

I fell back asleep, and was woken up about an hour later by my host mom, who instructed me to call her if there were any problems, or if anything got worse. I assured her everything would be fine, and promptly returned to sleeping. About an hour later, Annie walked into my room. I sat up, startled, and she gasped, not knowing I was still home. Thursday afternoon, the family stays at the grandmother's house for lunch and dinner, so usually Thursday is her day off. After explaining to her why I hadn't gone to school, she told me she was going out for the afternoon, and wanted to know if she needed to leave a pre-made lunch out for me. "No, thank you," I said "I can cook." Annie looked a little surprised and said "You can?" Indeed I can.

After she left, I dozed off for another hour or so, but woke up at 10, and then read until 11.
So, given the rest of the day with the house completely to myself, I figured it would be a perfect opportunity to finish those essays. I got dressed, and decided to clean my whole room, so nothing would distract me from the writing. I find disorder very distracting.

By the time I had my room spick and span and completely organized, I was hungry for lunch. I made myself a lovely bowl of pasta, and had salad with cheese. Then I remembered there was ice cream in the freezer, which was a lovely treat.

After lunch, I sat down at the computer, and started to write.. Of course, I got distracted by reading other blogs, and talking to Andrew on AIM. He gets to go home in a couple of days, the lucky duck.

The day wore on, I wrote, edited, called my mom more than once for writing advice, had a small meltdown, and finally, FINALLY, finished the two remaining essays. Mom has looked over them, and recommended I make some changes, but they will be easy ones to make (I hope) and I can do that tomorrow. What a relief to be [almost] done with it all.

And tomorrow's Friday! After tomorrow is Saturday, which means I'll be on my way to Milan, because Sunday, we're going to Venice! I can't wait!

No comments: