Friday, April 18, 2008

Oops.

Looking over my blog, I realized I haven't written anything substatial in quite a long time. Actually, I wrote a nice post a week or so ago, I just forgot to post it. Oops.

My lack of posting is a good thing, though! It shows I've finally found things to do. I've been hanging out in Milan more than usual, my new host mom (yeah, I changed families almost a month ago. 'Nother story for another time) has been taking me on nice little day trips and concerts, and I've started meeting with one of the teachers at my school to help her with English.

I'll continue being busy, too: tomorrow I'm going to Lecco for a Rotary function (I do believe we're having a scavenger hunt, although I'm not entirely sure about that) and I'll be staying the night there. Also, next week, the second year class is having an "American Pancake Party" hosted by yours truly: My mom managed to get me a nice big bottle of Connecticut Maple Syrup, along with a jar of Peanut butter and a Bottle of grape jelly, so I'll be making PB&Js, and enough pancakes to feed 30. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, I'll get to posting some of the pictures I've taken in my travels.

2 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

Just checking in with you and was wondering how much time do you have left in Italy?

Also, I'd love for my sons to be able to study in Italy one day, but I'm not sure about a whole year. Was it too long for you to be away from home?

Your American pancake party was a perfect idea! When we were living in Vicenza, every year we would do a big Thanksgiving dinner for our relatives . . . and they loved everything from the turkey to the pumpkin pie. But you know, we could never get them hooked on peanut butter!

God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.