Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Coming Soon..

Pictures of Venice!

Really. It should be easier, now that I've gotten them all sorted out on my Brand New flash drive.. which is already full of pictures. Really. One gig, already all used up. How frustrating.

...I had a good theme for today's post, but I've completely forgotten about it.

So I had my interview with Simon's Rock today! It went fairly well.. besides the power going out in the middle of the call. The guy I talked to was nice, I don't think I made a fool of myself (although I was pretty nervous) and things are looking like they might, maybe, hopefully work out.

That's about all that happened today.

Oh, no it's not! I just remembered, my host mom called me as I was leaving school, and asked me to stop by and pick up a package that arrived today! From Grandpa! It's a very pretty necklace. I laughed when I saw the "Do not open until Christmas!" post it on the package. Thanks, Grandpa!

1 comment:

Maria (also Bia) said...

Dori, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. While I haven't given up the computer for Lent, I have been limiting my time on it.

As to your question...I had never heard that before, so I called my Mom (the true Veronese) and she had never heard that either. The only thing we can figure is that, since St. Amrogio is from Milan, then maybe it's a custom in that area.

Anyway, if you learn more let us know because we're really curious.

I loved your photos of Verona, and you're right, the acoustics in the Arena are fantastic. The performers don't even use microphones, and you can hear clearly even if sitting in the very top.

God bless, and have a great weekend.

P.S. If you get the chance, you should try touring Venice at night. It is truly spectacular (reflections on the canals, etc.) and an entirely different experience than visiting during daytime hours (and much, much less crowded to explore).