Monday, January 21, 2008

They Came!!

After a week and a half of asking the colf if my packages came, she was finally able to say yes!

Here they are, three lovely envelopes..
And everything that was inside! Thanks, Mom!

Good thing they got here, too, because I was almost out of gum! And you know it's impossible to live without gum.

I went to the post office today, to send my mom a letter. Here's the [translated] conversation that I had with the nice man at the counter:
Me: Hi! I'd like to mail this to the United States, and I'd like to mail it fast!
Man: Ok, well you can.. (post office mumbo-jumbo)
Me: Eh? (Italians don't say "what?" or "huh?" They say "eh?" like Canadians.)
Man: To have someone deliver it into her hands, it'll be €42.70.
Me: Erm..
Man: Wait, let me explain the other option. For it to arrive in the same amount of time, but not have it delivered to her personally, it's.. €1.85.
Me: Well, I think I'll do that then!


Think about that.. A forty euro difference, and the letter will arrive in the same amount of time! That's just silly!

Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pink??!!?? HMMMM. I hope this is only in anticipation of Valentine's Day.

So very glad the packages arrived safely. Hope the others do, too!